Sunday, May 22, 2005

Checking In

Today was a good day. Got to help out at the Rockies charity Home Run 5K Run/Walk this morning, which was a lot of fun. Then I got to come home and see both the Sox and Rox win. Complete game for Clement. Oh, he's so unpredictable? Why did we spend so much for him? Hah. Great game.

The Rockies weren't as clean, but I'll take a win from them any way I can get them. In the season ticket department, we predict how many games the team will win each month, with the winner getting a statue called "The Predictor" next to their desk the next month. Needless to say, my optimistic prediction of 15 wins in May is going to fall a little short. The Rox are up to 7 wins this month, which is already 1 win better than last month. The Rox were 6-15 in April, and are 7-13 in May thus far, so baby steps are being made. But for me to get the statue, the Rox will have to go 8-1 for the rest of the month. I'm not holding my breath. The Brewers walked into Minnesota this weekend and are about ready to win the 2nd of 3 games there. The Cubs are good enough to split a four game series, and the Cardinals are up to their old tricks. But tomorrow is a new day.

No comments: