Thursday, April 14, 2005

Sheff Special

I have to admit that at first, I was angry with Sheffield, because at live action it looked like he took a swipe at the fan for no reason. However, after watching the video slowed down, I have to agree with Boston Dirt Dogs. The fan definitely took a swipe at Sheffield. While I would have made the play first, as a quick throw may have got Varitek at 3rd or made him think about stopping, Sheffield was right to react. In any event, the time has come for fans to get lifetime bans from ballparks and stadiums. Fan behavior like this should not be tolerated. As Varitek hit the ball I yelled "nobody touch it!" While most fans cooperated, that yokel couldn't control himself. If anything is disappointing, it's that the cops just kicked him out, and didn't take him in some backroom, kick the crap out of him, and then arrest him. At least the Sox won.

Rox look to get a little payback tomorrow night against the Giants.

No comments: