Sunday, February 07, 2010

Blogging Super Bowl XLIV: Halftime

5:53 - In the interests of completeness, I'm going to endure what is sure to be a horrible halftime show. The Who, proving once again that you can go 24 years without releasing an album and still be considered culturally relevant by the NFL!

5:55 - Halftime snacks - Triscuts and home-made garlic dip courtesy of my wife.

5:56 - I still hate Bill Cowher. Is that so wrong? His hairline continually frustrates and vexes me. Get some plugs, get a piece or start shaving your head. Unreal.

5:58 - The halftime show that they are setting up in the background looks craptastic. Glowing lights? Wow, I'm impressed. But I never get tired of the CBS guys yelling their points in a hurried manner. I'd love to know how their analysis would be different if they were in the studio.

6:00 - "You can't find synergy Lemon, it's bigger than all of us." Nice work by CBS with the Big Brother-Amazing Race tie-in.

6:02 - God, if I was The Who I'd be thoroughly embarrassed right now. Do you think they passed out a lyrics sheet to everyone in the crowd before halftime?

6:08 - My wife's list of non-offensive people who would be better right now - Taylor Swift, Jonas Brothers, Jay-Z, Miley Cyrus..."there's just so many choices."

6:10 - Sorry, I don't even know this song. But the lights are purty!

6:11 - My wife wants to know who is on the committee to pick the halftime show performer and how far down the list was The Who. My response, I would hope very far. But obviously not far enough.

6:13 - Is there an applause sign?

6:14 - My dad summed up halftime the best in our traditional halftime phone call - "Well we didn't get to see Janet Jackson's nipple, but at least we got to see that guy's fat belly!"

No comments: