Sunday, February 07, 2010

Blogging Super Bowl XLIV: Third Quarter

6:20 - So Bill Simmons is having a so-so prop bet game overall. Manning didn't throw a second quarter TD., but Garcon won him the jersey number prop bet. But Austin Collie has only one catch.

6:22 - Onside kick!!!!!!! And the Saints get it, after one of the most unorganized pile-ups ever. Wow. Just wow. We've got a game now. Hank Baskett blew it! Kendra's gonna be pissed!

6:24 - Just an aside - nice of CBS to come back from the break with "Run This Town," a completely relevant song, which as my wife said, would have been perfect for the halftime show. Shows that The Who wasn't CBS' idea.

6:25 - Freeney still getting taped on the sideline. That's another huge win for the Saints' onside kick decision. The Colts were unprepared.

6:26 - That's the perfect way to come out. Those are the Saints we love. Foot on the gas pedal. Balls to the wall. Great individual effort by Pierre Thomas.

6:28 - I love Megan Fox. There, I said it.

6:30 - Megan Fox, Tracy Morgan, Stevie Wonder, and screaming chickens...all ruined by Doogie Howser. Ugh.

6:32 - Still laughing at the ladder sequence in the Megan Fox ad. "You got me?" "Ya."

6:33 - Nice work by Addai. Could he be in line for Super Bowl MVP if the Colts win?

6:35 - That was an "I'm Peyton 'F***ing' Manning" throw.

6:38 - If Addai wasn't in line for Super Bowl MVP before, he certainly is now.

6:41 - Punk-@$$ Colts didn't have the brass to onside kick.

6:45 - Wow, just throw it away Drew.

6:48 - Nice analysis on the deep routes there by Simms. Call me crazy, but I don't think Aikman picks up on that.

6:49 - Nice kick by Hartley there, but I was really hoping for the fake field goal. I mean, Payton has pulled just about every other trick out of his hat, why not the fake field goal?

6:51 - Hartley looks pretty upset for a dude that just made three tough field goals.

6:53 - I can't decide if I love or hate that Kia commercial. But I think, overall, the ads were a lot funnier in the first half. However, the Google ad was awesome. As future parents, I liked the how to put together a crib at the end. My solution? Pay the people you buy it from, which we just did earlier today! $50 for delievery and assembly, or hours of frustration followed by years of angst because you're not sure you put it together and just know that today is the day it falls apart with your baby inside? Yeah, tough call. Bring on the fourth quarter.

No comments: