Sunday, February 07, 2010

Blogging Super Bowl XLIV: Pre-game

I'm going to give blogging a live event a shot for the first time. I figured since I'm not really emotionally invested in the outcome of this game - for the record I'm rooting for the Saints because one of my good friends is a Saints fan - this seemed like a good way to stay invested in the game, and also to try out my chops at the quick reaction world of live blogging. Although the sentiment will be muted since I don't have any sort of cool software to make that happen in real-time, so you'll just have to trust me. I will post updates quarterly, and my time stamps will be Mountain Standard Time, since that's the time zone in which I live.

4:17 - Pretty cool to do the Walter Payton Award right before the Super Bowl. The NFL does so many things better than the other pro sports, and that is certainly one.

4:18 - Queen Latifah singing America The Beautiful is another. I have chills. But what are the rules with players putting their hands over their heart for ATB? Some players are, some players aren't. I like the Reggie Bush approach, hands clasped behind his back. Save hand on heart for the Anthem. Also, Queen Latifah's coat is pretty shiny. Finally, was she rocking a behind-the-ear neck tattoo?

4:21 - Ugh, I can't stand Carrie Underwood. Love the 6-inch jumbo heels with the white zipper jacket zipped low enough that we can see your silver bra. You stay classy Carrie Underwood. Her voice also came dangerously close to cracking at the end, she was really forcing it. Definitely not the effortless range you should have to really knock the Anthem out of the park.

4:23 - Wait, was that the Last Airbender ad? It was only like 15 seconds...I purposely waited on watching it online so I could see it on the TV.

4:25 - I like the new take on the McDonald's ad. Go Larry!!!!

4:26 - I wonder how many of those Nurse Jackie promos I'm going to have to watch tonight? Let's put the over/under at 6. I'll take the over.

4:27 - Before we get going, my official prediction is Colts 27-Saints 20.

4:27 - Yet another great move by the NFL - having the new HOF inductees at the game. Congrats to Floyd Little - Mark Kiszla really did write a good piece on him a couple of weeks ago. That's the difference between Kiszla and Woody Paige - Kiszla is actually a good writer.

4:28 - Wow, I can't believe that call of heads worked.

4:29 - My wife's comment on Hyundai pre-game: If I was them, I would be pimping myself big-time right now because Toyota is f****d. Such language for a pregnant lady. Then she asked me what Tom Brady is doing today? Because I know...

No comments: