Sunday, February 07, 2010

Blogging Super Bowl XLIV: Second Quarter

5:11 - Let's start the quarter with a wifey comment - "It bothers me that so many people like 'How I Met Your Mother' now. It's such predictable humor. Agreed.

5:11 - Welcome to the game Marques Colston! Better late than never.

5:12 - Classic Reggie Bush bailed out by the late hit. Hey, take 'em where you can get them. Saints need points on this drive or this one could be over quickly. Bush barely got hit, but the intent, way out of bounds, was there.

5:13 - Nice toughness by Pierre Thomas on those two plays. The Saints need more of that.

5:14 - The Saints running backs seem to not understand that you can't run around the Colts D. They're too fast.

5:17 - I guess we can stop wondering whether or not Dwight Freeney is 100%. Horrible end to an otherwise good-looking drive. But at least they got some points. Need a stop on D.

5:18 - My wife is thoroughly amused by the name "Bushrod."

5:18 - Is there a situation where the Stripes music isn't hilarious? The ads tonight have been terrific.

5:20 - "Why the f*** is Mark Sanchez talking to me?" God I love my wife.

5:22 - Two straight commercials without pants? I love it. But I bet some people will think they're the same ad? Also, memo to Hyundai, Sears already ran the Favre joke into the ground. It's not funny anymore.

5:24 - First big play from the Saints D comes courtesy of Jonathan Vilma. First time Addai has looked like Addai of last year or so.

5:25 - HUGE drop by Garcon. Also, there's never been a punt return TD in the Super Bowl? Would not have guessed that.

5:28 - I was totally going to ask my barber for Tracy Porter's haircut this weekend, but I changed my mind at the last minute. Glad I did, I wouldn't want to look like a copycat!

5:29 - Nice pickup on the throw in the flat to Thomas. Still got something out of the play even though the coverage was good.

5:29 - Colston is really coming alive in the second quarter. That's a very encouraging sign for the Saints.

5:31 - Nice catch by Shockey.

5:32 - Just when I'm questioning why the Saints ran shotgun on third-and-short again, Lance Moore got so wife open you'd have thought he was in Idaho. Wow.

5:32 - And then they threw it all away with that end-around. You. can't. run. around. the. Colts. D.

5:33 - Two passes, two bad miscommunications by the Colts secondary.

5:34 - I hate it when d-linemen jump out of their stance and point at o-linemen. Nobody likes a tattle-tale.

5:36 - Nicely done by Dodge Charger. That ad had my complete attention.

5:38 - Why don't more people hate Papa John? I bet they would if his pizza wasn't delicious. Oh hey, a football game!

5:39 - My wife just started singing "cleats on the ground, cleats on the ground." That was the first time (I think) that the Saints didn't go shotgun on third and short.

5:41 - Punksatawney Polamulu! That was hilarious.

5:41 - This game's over. That was a mirror image of the Willie McGinest tackle in Indy many moons ago, right down to Gary Brackett's run off the field.

5:44 - I'd love to know why New Orleans didn't call a time out after first down.

5:45 - I thought I was going to get through the Harry Potter commercial without any comment from my wife, and then right as it ended, she turned to me and said "I want to go," ever so softly. Damnit. Oh well, I knew it was coming. I'd put the odds at 20% that our son's first trip is to Univeral Orlando.

5:46 - I have so many questions about FLO TV. It sounds expensive.

5:47 - Wow, Reggie Bush just hurt me on two levels. On one level, his return sucked. On a second level, he just caused my wife to start singing, "he was dancin' dancin'" ala the Jackson 5's "Dancin' Machine."

5:49 - "Jeffrey...come back."

5:50 - A good and bad play at the same time from Brees. Good - he got the ball out of bounds. Bad - it gained less than a yard.

5:51 - Hartley is keeping New Orleans in the game. But my wife isn't impressed. Of Hartley, she says, "he looks like a gay punk rocker." Well, alright.

No comments: